About Information & Public Relations Unit
The Information and Public Relations Unit, Federal University Birnin-Kebbi, is an independent Unit established in November, 2014, under the Office of the Vice-Chancellor.
Our core mandate is to monitor and gather public opinions with a view to reporting same to the Management towards maintaining a mutually-beneficial relationship with the public. The Head of the Information and Public Relations Unit,
otherwise called Public Relations Officer, is responsible for disseminating accurate and timely information about the University activities, policies and programmes while reporting all spectacular activities of the Vice-Chancellor.
The Unit, thus, seeks to advance interest of the University and facilitate favourable public image for the institution through the following sections:
4.Digital Communication (New Media)
5.Protocol/Event Management and
1.To facilitate attainment of the institution’s goals by reaching out to the public through the utilization of media and communication channels.
2.To promote cooperation between the University community and host community through direct contact, by delivering the mission of the University to the public through a variety of media forms.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Unit
- Initiating and implementing public relations strategies for the University to enable it to maintain cordial relations with its teeming publics through constant interaction with relevant stakeholders such as organizing parley, open days, end-of-the-year dinner/party, sponsorship of events, etc.;
- Writing, editing and publishing information products of enlightenment and reference that provide relevant information to all stakeholders e.g. Official Bulletin, Newsletters, Feature Articles, Press Releases, etc.;
- Monitoring and gathering public opinions to identify trends and measure public acceptability of the institution’s activities as well as identifying public concerns and expectations;
- Writing or assisting in drafting speeches and reports of the Vice-Chancellor and other organizational documents such as annual reports, corporate profiles and submissions;
- Coordinating the production of all University publications such as Bulletin, Brochures, Hand books, scheme of service, booklets, letter headed papers, office files, etc. with a view to ensuring that cooperate colour, logo and name of the University are not abused;
- Organizing Press Conferences, interviews, radio/TV talks, etc. for or on behalf of the Vice-Chancellor;
- Making and keeping photography, videography & documentation of all events of the University;
- Keeping accurate and up-to-date data bank on all milestone events, newspaper cuttings on higher education related news, newspaper reviews, broadcast materials, press releases, speeches and other communication materials;
- Coordinating arrangements and anchoring all official functions such as Matriculation ceremonies, inaugural and public lectures, University Seminars, etc.;
- Advising the Management on and ensuring successful implementation of cooperate social responsibilities to the University community and immediate host community towards promoting cordial relationship;
- Acknowledging the receipt of complimentary copies of goodwill messages, publications and sending same to sister-institutions;
- Coordinating all public affairs and liaising with important dignitaries on visits to the University;
- Maintaining and updating news items on website and engaging with public on social media platforms of the University;
- Managing the official email and serving as contact person for the University;
- Handling any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Vice-Chancellor.
|1||JAMILU MOHAMMED MAGAJI, MNIPR||INFORMATION OFFICER & PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER|
|2||ABDULLAHI SA’IDU KOKO||INFORMATION OFFICER II|
|3||BELLO ABDULLAHI||INFORMATION OFFICER II|
|4||ISAH ABDULLAHI MADAWAKI||ASST. EXECUTIVE OFFICER|
|5||ISAH ABDULLAHI MADAWAKI||ASST. EXECUTIVE OFFICER|
|6||AMINU AHMAD SA’AD||GRAPHIC ARTIST|
|7||MUHAMMED LAWAL BALA||CLERICAL OFFICER|